Thursday, August 26, 2010

Netflix & IPhone w/ Unlimited Data




Unlimited data is going to be a great thing when pared with that new Netflix app. As you may know, it now has video streaming support for iPhone (& iPod Touch) and I'm really looking forward to racking up some unlimited data usage. It couldn't have come at a better time for me either. Looks like my wife and I are going to be at the hospital in a couple of weeks with the birth of our first child and I can think of nothing better to pass the time than to watch a few instant streaming movies.



But I can't help but wonder, how long is my grandfathered in--unlimited data--status going to last before they decide to do away with it in lieu of one of their tiered options. Let's face it, AT&T's network (not to mention their pockets) can't, and aren't going to foot that big of a data drain for too long. Streaming only 30 minutes of video, according to AT&T's data usage calculator, puts you at that 2 gigabyte data cap. That's not even a feature length movie, and you're done for the month! Oh well, I'm going to enjoy it for as long as I can and fight to get it back when they take it away.


-- Posted From My iRod

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, I don't think they would cap the unlimited users though.. They would like to but they would likely get a lot of hate and it just so wouldn't be fair! Lol. But yes, use netflix! Hehe.. It's pretty nice on the iPhone and it would be fabulous for when you're in the hospital and your wife is having her baby! :)

    G

    ReplyDelete