Sunday, February 26, 2012

MrPstudios






Some of you might know that I've started a YouTube channel called MrPstudios. It's all about the art lessons I teach in my classroom. My students all seemed to enjoy the hands-on activities so much that I decided to make it more accessible to them, so...

www.youtube.com/mrpstudios

...was born. I really enjoy what I do, I can't believe I have been so fortunate to have an opportunity to share my enthusiasm for art with such a great group of students.




After shooting a vid of the art instruction for the week, I do some light editing and upload it straight to the channel.
Students are tuning in on their time off--a time that they are free to do anything they wish and they are chosing art!!! To date, 14 videos have generated nearly 800 views in the space of a few months...that's huge considering my students' age range from 5-8 years old!!!
These stats have given me a renewed sense of purpose. People ARE watching! And that makes me want to continue to generate more fun and informative content for them to see.
I also think that parents are allowing it because they understand the positive role art education can have in their children's life.

-- Posted From My iRod

No comments:

Post a Comment